Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day


My weekend was so much fun. A lot of family time...just how I like it. We had extra fun because Brooke came in from Provo aaand we have Lily all week while Joel and Valerie are in Hawaii!:) The weekend started out by getting to see my dad sing in a Memorail Day concert on Friday night. Usually we're going to concerts to see my mom sing but this time it was so much fun to get to sit in the audience with my mom and watch my dad be the star. I suggest everyone goes to this concert next year. It's a free show put on by Desert Chorale down at UNLV and it's so patriotic...I love it.




Then on Monday we got to go to the lake! Brooke didn't get to come because she had to drive back to Provo...I was pretty sad about that, but we had fun for the couple days she was here. I love the lake...we all had so much fun swimming, tubeing, cliff jumping (Rex and dad were the only brave ones), knee boarding (me and Rex were the only ones who tried), and just hanging out together. Here are LOTS of pictures...


I love this picture of my dad



Lily was a little scared to get in the water with Grandpa, but she was better as soon as she got back to Grandma



They hit heads and Nina got hurt, but Rex was there to take care of her
I caught air on the tube...right before I flipped haha

Mom was the funniest

Hayley has a really big/wierd fear of water (like lakes and oceans) so I was proud of her for coming on the tube with me. She started to have fun after a while. Oh and yes...I was extremely uncomfortable. haha

My first time knee boarding...I was terrible


I am so grateful for my family and for this wonderful country!! Happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Kathy's Boys said...

Looks like a great time at the Lake. I love the flag on the back of your boat too! and Lily is a little doll. She looks like a Nelson, lucky girl! Hope you got a good email today. We did too.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.....maybe we should change your wedding theme to stars and stripes. I think it may be your true passion, and then maybe the world would be ready for your screaming vocal chords (you could sing Landry a solo of "I'm proud to be an American")...or something.

Chase + Destiny said...

I love the pic of you and hayley!! So cute!! miss you!! See you next week!!!