Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rex Daniel Nelson...my favorite little brother.



I love my little brother so much. He is definitely crazy and sometimes annoying but he is the sweetest little boy you'll ever meet...I promise. He is so protective of his sisters and always wants big hugs from us. A few weeks ago we were sitting in church and I was freezing cold. I didn't have my dad there to keep me warm so I just started rubbing my arms and I leaned over to Rex and said "Gosh it's so cold in here." Right then Rex said "Oh here Paigiee take my jacket." I told him it was okay but he insisted and I ended up wearing my little brother's jacket for all of sacrament meeting. (He offered to let me take it for the rest of church but I wouldn't take it) Isn't that the sweetest thing ever?? Seriously, what little 11 year old boy cares more about his sister than himself that he gives her his jacket in an ice cold church? Rex does. That's just one of the many stories of him being a gentleman. Well I decided to devote a whole post to him because he just became M.J. Christensen student body president and we're so excited for him!! I can't believe how big he is now..thinking about it just kills me. After the first day of school this year he came home and told me and my mom that the best thing about 5th grade is that there are actually "hot girls" in his class and no one is immature about cooties and stuff. I about died when he said this because I have NEVER heard him talk about girls before. I said "Rex I hope you don't think that you can start liking girls now. Don't even think about kissing a girl or getting a girlfriend until you're home from your mission. Actually no...I probably won't even be okay it then. If you bring a girl over I'm going to be mean to her." (Yeah I know...I can be a brat sometimes). Rex just said "Paaaige I'm not ever going to kiss a girl...come on." and my mom just laughed and said "He's growing up Paige. Next year he'll be 12 and passing the sacrament and in junior high and whether you like it or not he'll be liking girls." When my mom said this I just looked at Rex and started crying. Yes I cried like a little baby while saying "I don't want him to grow up. He's just going to be my little sweet brother forever." Of course Rex just came and comforted me with a huge hug and said "It's okay Paigiee...I'll still be your little brother even when I'm married." It made me cry even harder. I know, I know this sounds like a movie or something but he really is just that sweet. My mom was totally inspired when she decided to name him after my amazing Grandpa. I'm so grateful that I have this angel as my little brother...I don't know what I would do with out him.

I love you Rexy Boy.

7 comments:

Crooked Brooke said...

Well, I hope your happy. This post just made me cry.

...I'm serious.

LOVE him.

ana said...

haha I love Rexy...

also, in response to your many comments.

1) The WHOLE time I was in Vegas I just wanted to come and see you because we were SO close, but I was with 8 other very bossy individuals and my voice tends to get lost in those types of situations. I know it's no excuse and I should have called.

2) All I can think about is how bad I wish we were having Thanksgiving together again this year. I miss you SOO much.

3) I wish with all my heart I could come to New York with you and we could wow all the employees at the NBA store with our vast knowledge.

4) Your Suns are doing great, my Jazz are struggling a bit, but we'll pull through.

5) Braces off?

6) I want to see New Moon with you super bad. Jacob is gorgeous. I can't handle it.

7) I totally read "neck" instead of "next" anyways, and when you corrected yourself I had to read your whole comment over again to find out what you were talking about.

8) I LOVE YOU.

Paige Nelson said...

...no Ana I don't have my braces off yet. I just choose to put old pitures up to pretend I'm not a brace face anymore.

elizabeth skouson said...

This is the cutest thing I've ever read. I miss you P.

Tanner and Andrea said...

ah, that makes me want a little brother... too bad not all 10 year olds are that sweet. he is so adorable.
miss you, a

Tanner and Andrea said...

hey i need a favor... will you email me that picture of landry... the one of him walking down the road. haha. when i took it from your blog it was blurry. i need it for something im making. thanks :) a

Unknown said...

I want to go to NYC so bad!! Im glad you had fun!! I better see you while im down for christmas!! :)