Wednesday, April 15, 2009

3 months down, 21 to go...


As of yesterday, April 14th, Elder Peterson has been out for three months. He's 1/8 of the way done! (he figured that out, not me) He's doing so great and I couldn't be more proud of him. Landry is already such a great missionary..of course. Alabama sounds like a crazy place with all the red necks, tornadoes, and the unpredictable weather but it also seems beautiful with all the sweet people he's meeting and the gorgeous sunsets! I must say, I do miss my best friend quite a bit but I wouldn't have it any other way. With every letter he sends I see more strength and faith in him. He is such a good example to me and his faith strengthens my testimony. He is always sending me helpful scriptures or quotes and giving me good advice. The thing he tells me the most is to remember to always say my prayers because they will always work, so the most recent quote he sent me is "when life gets too hard to stand, kneel". He wasn't sure who said it but I love it. Thanks Brad and Kathy for raising such an amazing son.


Here's my countdown chart again with my countdown tape measure too! The tape measure is from my Grandma. It's 24 inches long and for every month he's gone I color in another inch. She sent it with a note that said "By the yard it's hard, by the inch it's a sinch"...so clever.







We love you Elder Peterson!

5 comments:

Tanner and Andrea said...

ah, we sure do miss landry. can't wait until he is home- he is going to have soo much fun with maddex!

Anonymous said...

Oh Paigy-poo. No, my husband does not have 6 fingers. And I'm so grateful for that. I love you. I love bananas. I love you.

Chase + Destiny said...

YAY!!! 3 months down!!!! WHOAAAHOO!!!!!! Im glad landry is doing good!!! only 21 more months!!!

Kathy's Boys said...

I love this! And I love your Grandma's little saying~perfect!!!!!! I have to tell you what Landry
said about my exclamation marks on everything! But I
just get so excited about stuff, I guess. Talk to you soon.

Crooked Brooke said...

So, I just calculated it for you and you only have 919,800 minutes left till Landerz gets home. Or better yet, 55,188,000 seconds. You know that they say, "By the minute it's sucky, but by the second it's even suckier." Keep up the good work!