Sunday, April 5, 2009

Where Dreams Come True...


A while ago I went with most of my family to Disneyland... it was one of the funnest vacations I have ever been on. A trip to Disneyland is ALWAYS good news but I must admit that I was a little sad because I thought it wouldn't be as fun without Joel, Derek and Brooke aaand I thought wouldn't have anyone to hang out with since Hayley was bringing a friend, Rex and Nina would be sticking together, and we were meeting up with a family in our ward who has kids that are the ages of Hayley, Rex, and Nina...leaving me out AGAIN. But, if it wasn't for the Larkins this trip wouldn't have been half as amazing as it turned out to be. To make a super long story short, Todd and Levi Larkin were on the right ride, in the right seat, at the right time and won an over-night stay in a Disneyland dream suite (which is an AMAZING suite right above the Pirates of the Carribean ride), fast passes to all the rides, and thier own parade down Main Street. Since we were traveling with them we got to be a part of all of the fun too! That's right...I got to be in a Disneyland parade!! I am still such a kid when it comes to Disneyland. As soon as I walk through those gates I start to act like a 5 year old girl and all I want to do is find the princesses and pretend to be Sleeping Beauty. So being in a fancy car, driving down main street, waving at tons of cheering people, and wearing my fuschia crown was an absolute dream come true for me. I know this all might sound a little crazy to some of you but if you really know me you can understand why this was one of the happiest weekends of my life. I can't wait for the day I get to take my little kids there...I'll probably be more excited then them!

5 comments:

Tanner and Andrea said...

disneyland... i dont have any great memories there- we had just found out i was pregnant like a week before i went so i couldn't ride any of the rides... bummer. and i am such a kid when it comes to rides... i love them ALL... even the big scary ones. i cant wait to take Maddex when he gets a little bigger- it would be perfect time when landry gets home.- we should all go... so FUN.

ana said...

Ahhh I wish I could have been there with you! We definitely need to do a Disneyland trip this summer. It's definitely better with cousins. We're TT-Savv...haha!

Kathy's Boys said...

Looks like fun Paige! Crew just went to Disneyland last week with some friends too! I didn't go, I wasn't feeling that great, but usually I love it!
I'm getting ready to send a new memory card to Landry if you want to come and talk on it! I will call you before I send it.

Anonymous said...

I have marked my calendar 750 days from now. It says, "P+L Peterson banana boat wedding=complete awesomeness".

Oh, I shimmy for Joe daily.

Tanner and Andrea said...

hey babe- did you get your braces yet- lol. sorry i totally had them so i can say that. ah paige i swear i've been nothing but sick the last month.. now i have mastitis (look it up) so im feeling kinda yucky but as soon as im back to normal- lets get a new show SOON.. i dont know when it starts but we are all over that!
p.s. Im with Libby on the comment above... :)